I am a logician, currently a Ramon y Cajal fellow (tenure-track) at the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute of the Spanish National Research Council (IIIA – CSIC) in Bellaterra (Barcelona, Spain).
From October 2020 to October 2022 I have worked on the project “PROREAL: Probability of real-valued events: a logico-algebraic investigation“, funded as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship, at the IIIA-CSIC and with the supervision of Lluis Godo.
From September 2018 to June 2020 I have been a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Denver (Colorado, USA), working with Nick Galatos.
In April 2018 I obtained my PhD at the University of Pisa (Italy), Department of Computer Science, after graduating in Mathematics at the University of Siena (Italy) in 2013.
I have been organizing the weekly Nonclassical Logic Webinar: check it out.
My research mainly focuses on: algebraic logic, in particular the algebraic semantics of substructural logics, mathematical fuzzy logics, the foundations of approximate reasoning and the probability theory of many-valued events.
I am part of the Barcino: Barcelona Research Group in Non-Classical Logic (Barcelona, Spain), which includes Tommaso Flaminio, Lluis Godo, Tommaso Moraschini, Amanda Vidal.
My main ongoing collaborations are with:
- Paolo Aglianò from the University of Siena
- Wesley Fussner, currently a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Bern, Switzerland
- Nick Galatos and his group at the University of Denver, Colorado, USA
- Gavin St. John, post-doctoral researcher at the University of Cagliari, Italy
- The research group in logic led by Manuela Busaniche at the Institute of Applied Mathematics IMAL – CONICET in Santa Fe, Argentina
Download my detailed CV here.