I am a researcher in mathematical logic. Currently I am a postdoc researcher at the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute IIIA – CSIC in Bellaterra (Barcelona, Spain) working on the project “PROREAL: Probability of real-valued events: a logico-algebraic investigation“, funded as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship.
From September 2018 to June 2020 I have been a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Denver (Colorado, USA).
In April 2018 I obtained my PhD at the University of Pisa (Italy), Department of Computer Science, after graduating in Mathematics at the University of Siena (Italy) in 2013.
I am currently organizing the weekly Nonclassical Logic Webinar: check it out.
My research mostly deals with the following topics:
- Algebraic semantics of substructural logics
- t-norm based fuzzy logics
- Foundations of approximate reasoning and probability theory of many-valued events
My main ongoing collaborations are with:
- Nick Galatos and his group at the University of Denver, in particular Gavin St. John
- The Artificial Intelligence Research Group of Barcelona (Spain) which includes Tommaso Flaminio and Lluis Godo
- Paolo Aglianò from the University of Siena
- Wesley Fussner, currently a post-doctoral researcher at Laboratoire J.A. Dieudonné on Mai Gehrke’s DuaLL project.
- The research group in logic led by Manuela Busaniche at the Institute of Applied Mathematics IMAL – CONICET in Santa Fe (Argentina)